Energy and Global Climate Change in New England
Adaptation Efforts: New England States
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
This page provides links to non-EPA web sites that provide additional information about Energy & Climate Change. You will leave the EPA.gov domain and enter another page with more information. EPA cannot attest to the accuracy of information on that non-EPA page. Providing links to a non-EPA Web site is not an endorsement of the other site or the information it contains by EPA or any of its employees. Also, be aware that the privacy protection provided on the EPA.gov domain (see Privacy and Security Notice) may not be available at the external link.
- Connecticut Climate Change: Adapting to Climate Change
- The Governor's Steering Committee (GSC) Adaptation Subcommittee
The Governor's Steering Committee on Climate Change formed an Adaptation Subcommittee in December 2008 to assess climate impacts on Connecticut and develop statewide adaptation strategies.
- Draft Climate Preparedness Plan (PDF) (112 pp, 7.8 MB)
Following the release of the 2010 Cliate Impacts report (se below), a Draft Climate Preparedness Plan was prepared for release in the spring of 2012.
- The Impacts of Climate Change on Connecticut Agriculture, Infrastructure, Natural Resources and Public Health, 2010 (PDF) (195 pp, 5 MB)
- 2010 GSC Adaptation Subcommittee Workgroup Reports
- UCS assessment CT (PDF) (6 pp, 662 K)
- In April, 2009, the Maine State Legislature passed a Resolve charging the Maine Department of Environmental Protection with establishing and convening a stakeholder group to evaluate the options and actions available to Maine's people and businesses to prepare for and adapt to the most likely impacts of climate change.
- UCS assessment ME (PDF) (6 pp, 719 K)
- The State of Massachusetts Climate Change Adaptation Advisory Committee
Subcommittees formed to address the following topics: Natural Resources & Habitat; Local Economy; Human Health & Welfare; Key Infrastructure; and Coastal Zone & Ocean
- 2011 Massachusetts Climate Change Adaptation Report
- UCS assessment MA (PDF) (6 pp, 537 K)
- The State of New Hampshire's climate change site
- The New Hampshire Climate Action Plan: A Plan for New Hampshire's Energy, Environmental and Economic Development Future – Chapter 3 Adapting to Climate Change (PDF) (6 pp, 1.3 MB)
- UCS assessment NH (PDF) (6 pp, 711 K)
- The State of Rhode Island's climate change site
- Rhode Island Greenhouse Gas Action Plan (PDF) (44 pp, 1 MB)
- Rhode Island Efforts Towards Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change (PDF) (22 pp, 1.7 MB)
- US Dept of Commerce – NOAA – Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management (OCRM)
- Summary: Preliminary Assessment of Rhode Island's Vulnerability to Climate Change and its Options for Adaptation Action (PDF) (46 pp, 3 MB)
- UCS assessment RI (PDF) (4 pp, 459 K)
- The State of Vermont's climate change site
- The Vermont Climate Neutral Working Group (CNWG) releases the Third Biennial Report (PDF) (34 pp, 742 K) as required by Executive Order #14-03. The report provides updates regarding Vermont State Government's efforts to meet the goals of the Executive Order. It also outlines potential future strategies, and ongoing related efforts to address climate change.
- UCS assessment VT (PDF) (4 pp, 450 K)