Enforcement in New England
Examples of ADR at Work
- Superfund Enforcement Negotiations - Mediators have assisted large groups of parties in resolving complex, high-stakes Superfund enforcement cases involving cost recovery, future work (at multiple operable units), allocation, and implementation issues;
- Regulatory Enforcement Negotiations - Mediators have helped EPA and Respondents settle administrative and judicial penalty cases under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Toxic Substances Control Act and other federal regulatory statutes, in some instances through the development of mutually acceptable Supplemental Environmental Projects;
- Public Participation - Neutrals have facilitated a range of public forums to promote meaningful public input into environmental decision-making and to otherwise enhance communication among citizens, government agencies, industry and other stakeholders in addressing environmental problems;
- Permitting Issues - Mediators have helped diverse parties clarify issues, discuss technical problems, generate new options, and build consensus on a range of contentious state and federal permitting issues including hydro-licensing agreements, NPDES permits, and stormwater permitting; and
- ADR Training - Conflict Management Workshops and other ADR trainings have been developed to meet the needs of particular groups working in the environmental field.