Region 1: EPA New England
FOIA Fee Waiver Request
The Freedom of Information Reform Act of 1986 provides that "Documents shall be furnished without any charge or at a charge reduced below the fees established under clause (ii) if disclosure of the information is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government and is not primarily in the commercial interest of the requeser." In order to evaluate whether the statutory standard authorizing a fee waiver or reduction has been met, we will need additional information upon which to base our determination. If you would like to request a fee waiver, please include in your letter responses the questions below to support your fee waiver request.
- SUPPORTING FEE WAIVER DOCUMENTATION
- TELEPHONE NUMBER:
- A clear statement of your interest in the requested documents, the use proposed for the documents and whether you will derive income or other benefits from such use.
- A statement of how the public will benefit from such use and from the release of the requested documents.
- If specialized use of the documents or information is contemplated, a statement of your qualifications that are relevant to the specialized use.
- A statement indicating how you plan to disseminate the documents or information to the public.
- Any additional information you deem relevant to your request for a fee waiver (e.g., Technical Assistance Grant from EPA).