EPA New England Regional Laboratory (Office of Environmental Measurement and Evaluation)
Air Toxics Monitoring Support
- Superfund Remedial and Removal Programs
- Emergency Response Team
- RCRA Program
- State Agencies
- Tribal Organizations
- Industrial Facilities
- Environmental Consultants
- General Public
- Technical review of air sampling work plans, QAPPs, and final reports.
- Perform air toxics characterization studies.
- Provide technical direction and perform quality assurance oversight activities for air toxics monitoring programs throughout New England.
- Maintain emergency response capabilities for rapid deployment of personnel and air monitoring equipment
Ambient and Indoor Air Monitoring Capabilities
Design and implement ambient and indoor air studies with analytical support from our Laboratory for a variety of hazardous air pollutants.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Chlorinated Pesticides
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Mercury Vapor
- Total Hydrocarbons
- Hydrogen Sulfide
- Chlorine Gas
- Particulate Matter
- Indoor Air Pollutants (oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, temperature, humidity)
- Landfill Gas Pollutants (% carbon monoxide, % methane, % oxygen)
- Meteorological Parameters (wind speed, wind direction, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure)