EPA New England Regional Laboratory (Office of Environmental Measurement and Evaluation)
Office of Environmental Measurement & Evaluation (OEME)
The Office of Environmental Measurement and Evaluation encompasses our laboratory, field and quality assurance functions, providing the infrastructure necessary to measure our success in the environment.
The Office of Environmental Measurement and Evaluation is a:
- Leader in identifying emerging environmental problems and developing innovative solutions, integrating information across all media for environmental results and measuring the state of the environment;
- Diverse scientific organization of recognized expertise that provides leadership, sound science and high quality service to meet customer needs; and
- Workforce dedicated to promoting protection of human health and the environment while working collaboratively with our partners.
The overall mission of OEME is to protect human health and the environment by providing state of the art monitoring, evaluation, and technical expertise to EPA, state, tribal and other partners. To fulfill this mission, OEME is committed to:
- Provide leadership in field investigations and analytical services that promotes sound science;
- Foster integrated/multi-media approaches to assess environmental conditions, evaluate results and identify emerging problems/issues;
- Deliver innovative measurement and monitoring tools and creative solutions to address regional needs;
- Implement a regional quality system to ensure the generation of credible data necessary for sound decision-making;
- Promote environmental awareness through effective environmental education and outreach; and
- Demonstrate dedication to a sustainable environment through environmentally- responsible behavior and a model .
The Office provides monitoring, analytical support, and data assessments to its internal and external customers. In addition, it manages the quality assurance, water quality monitoring and ambient air monitoring programs in the region.