Region 1: EPA New England
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
EPA New England Newsletter for Municipalities
The Local Landscape; Environmental News in New England
- The Local Landscape, Winter 2009 (PDF) (4 pp, 404K)
- The Local Landscape, Fall 2008 (PDF) (6 pp, 1.47MB)
- The Local Landscape, Summer 2008 (PDF) (6 pp, 1.14MB)
- The Local Landscape, Winter 2008 (PDF) (6 pp, 1.16MB)
- The Local Landscape, October 2007 (PDF) (8 pp, 613K)
- The Local Landscape, September 2006 (PDF) (6 pp, 612K)
- The Local Landscape, December 2005 (PDF) (6 pp, 1.1MB)
- The Local Landscape, June 2005 (PDF) (6 pp, 222K)
For questions about the municipal newsletter, contact Doug Gutro (email@example.com or 617-918-1021).
Information for municipalities and public works departments on how to comply with environmental requirements and how to prevent pollution.
EPA has expanded its stormwater requirements to include all
- municipal, state and federal industrial activities (vehicle maintenance at mass transit facilities, wastewater treatment plants greater than 1 mgd
- smaller communities
- smaller construction projects
To find out more visit:
If you manage or work in a municipal or state highway garage you may be wondering how to keep on top of your environmental responsibilities. Here is some information to help you get started.
EPA's voluntary auditing program that provides incentives for discovering and correcting environmental violations.
Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan
Requirements pertaining to oil spill prevention and control.
- The Local Government Environmental Assistance Network (LGEAN) Web site
- The American Public Works Association Web site
- MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheet) Databases