NPDES Permits in New England
Global REVCO Terminal, LLC (MA0003298)
The Global REVCO facility is engaged in the receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products. The spectrum of fuels handled by this facility consists of gasoline, distillate products (e.g., kerosene, diesel fuel, and No.2 Fuel Oil), and various product additives. Petroleum products are received in bulk quantities at the marine vessel dock or transferred to Global REVCO through an inter-terminal supply network from neighboring facilities. Once the product is received, it is transferred underneath Lee Burbank Highway (Route 1A) to the facility's tank farm located on the east side of the highway. Final distribution of product was originally conducted at the facility's terminal yard located on the west side of the highway. However, in 1999 the truck loading racks were closed, dismantled, and portions of the terminal yard were redeveloped. Truck loading operations currently take place at the Global Petroleum Corporation Terminal located next door at 140 Lee Burbank Highway. The NPDES discharge consists of treated storm water runoff from pervious and impervious areas at the facility. Occasionally, the NPDES discharge also includes treated water from the hydrostatic testing of repaired tanks. The storm water and hydrostatic test water discharges are to either the Chelsea River through Outfall 001 or Sales Creek through Outfall 005.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Global REVCO Terminal, LLC Final Permit (PDF) (14 pp, 619K)
- Part II - General Conditions (PDF) (25 pp, 142K)
REVCO Fact Sheet (PDF) (33 pp, 173K)
Fact Sheet Attachments
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 1 - Site Location Map (PDF) (1 pg, 289K)
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 2 - Global REVCO Terminal Plot Plan (PDF) (1 pg, 2.1MB)
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 3 - Global Petroleum Terminal Plot Plan (PDF) (1 pg, 1.8MB)
- Fact Sheet Attachment A - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (1998 To 2003)
- Fact Sheet Attachment B - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (2001 to 2003) for Polynuclear Aromatic Compounds (PDF) (3 pp, 64K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment C - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (2001 to 2003) for Volatile Organic Compounds (PDF) (3 pp, 62K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment D - Endangered Species List (PDF) (6 pp, 293K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment E - Essential Fish Habitat Designation (PDF) (7 pp, 683K)