NPDES Permits in New England
Global South Terminal, LLC (MA0000825)
The Global South facility, which is located in Revere, Massachusetts, is primarily engaged in the receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products. The product spectrum handled by this facility consists of gasoline, diesel fuel, No.2 Fuel Oil, and various fuel additives. Petroleum products are received in bulk quantities at either the marine vessel dock located behind the adjacent Global Petroleum Corporation Terminal (NPDES Permit No. MA0003425) or through an inter-terminal supply network from neighboring facilities. Product is then transferred to the aboveground storage tanks located within the facility’s tank farm on the east side of Lee Burbank Highway (Route 1A). Final distribution of product was originally conducted at the facility’s terminal yard located on the opposite side of the highway at 96 Lee Burbank Highway. In 1999, the office and truck loading rack were closed and dismantled. Truck loading operations currently take place at the Global Petroleum Corporation Terminal located next door at 140 Lee Burbank Highway.
The terminal yard, which consists of the former truck loading rack and office area, is now used for parking. The unpaved area to the west of the terminal yard is used in support of storm water collection and treatment activities. The NPDES discharge consists primarily of storm water runoff from pervious and impervious areas at the facility including the tank farm and terminal yard. On occasion, the facility will also discharge treated water used in the hydrostatic testing of recently repaired tanks. The proposed permit also contains language to allow the facility to treat storm water transferred from the tank farm of the adjacent Global Petroleum Corporation facility. The storm water and hydrostatic test water discharges are to the Chelsea River through Outfall 001.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Global South Terminal, LLC Final Permit (PDF) (13 pp, 612K)
Part II - General Conditions (PDF) (25 pp, 142K)
Global South Fact Sheet (PDF) (30 pp, 189K)
Fact Sheet Attachments
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 1 - Site Location Map (PDF) (1pg, 308K)
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 2 - Terminal Plot Plan (PDF) (1pg, 165K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment A - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (1998 to 2003) (PDF) (14 pp, 309K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment B - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (2001 to 2003) for Polynuclear Aromatic Compounds (PDF) (2 pp, 38K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment C - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (2001 to 2003) for Volatile Organic Compounds (PDF) (2 pp, 38K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment D - Endangered Species List (PDF) (6 pp, 293K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment E - Essential Fish Habitat Designation (PDF) (7 pp, 683K)