NPDES Permits in New England
Irving Oil Terminal - Revere (MA0001929)
The Irving Oil facility, which is located in Revere, Massachusetts, is engaged in the receipt, storage, and distribution of petroleum products. The spectrum of fuels handled by this facility consists of gasoline, distillate products (e.g., diesel fuel and No.2 Fuel Oil), ethanol, and various product additives. Petroleum products are received in bulk quantities at the terminal’s marine vessel dock located along the Chelsea River on the west side of Lee Burbank Highway (Route 1A). Product is then transferred underneath Lee Burbank Highway to the facility’s tank farm located on the east side of the highway. Final distribution of product is conducted primarily at the facility’s truck loading rack and on occasion at the marine vessel dock when product is shipped off-site. The NPDES discharge consists of: treated storm water runoff from pervious and impervious areas at the facility including the tank farm, loading rack, property leased by Thrifty car rental agency, and the marine vessel dock. Occasionally, the NPDES discharge also includes treated water from the hydrostatic testing of repaired tanks. The storm water and hydrostatic test water discharges are to the Chelsea River through Outfall 001.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Irving Oil Terminal - Revere Final Permit (PDF) (12 pp, 567K)
Part II - General Conditions (PDF) (25 pp, 142K)
Irving Oil Fact Sheet (PDF) (32 pp, 195K)
Fact Sheet Attachments
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 1 - Site Location Map (PDF) (1 pg, 194K)
- Fact Sheet Figure No. 2 - Terminal Plot Plan (1 pg, 2.4MB)
- Fact Sheet Attachment A - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (1998 to 2003) (PDF) (15 pp, 300K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment B - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (2001 to 2003) for Polynuclear Aromatic Compounds (PDF) (3 pp, 59K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment C - Summary of Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) Results (2001 to 2003) for Volatile Organic Compounds (PDF) (2 pp, 32K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment D - Endangered Species List (PDF) (6 pp, 293K)
- Fact Sheet Attachment E - Essential Fish Habitat Designation (PDF) (7 pp, 683K)