Region 1: EPA New England
Annual Award Nomination Form
Nominate an individual, business, government agency, not-for-profit, professional association, or college/university whose work on behalf of the environment during the past year is worthy of recognition.
Please complete this nomination form along with a one-page summary of accomplishments completed during the past year, which address the criteria listed below. Supporting materials such as news clips and testimonials are accepted. Self-nominations are permissible. All nominations will be evaluated based on the information provided (please be as specific as possible).
EPA will take into account the following criteria when selecting annual Environmental Merit Award recipients:
- Defining the environmental problem or need
- Efforts taken to address the environmental problem or need
- Accomplishment of stated goals
- Measurable and lasting public health or environmental benefits
- Collaboration with others
- Promotion of innovative ideas or approaches
- Ability of the program/activity to be replicated or widely shared
- Clarity and effectiveness of the presentation
- Nominee must be a resident, business, government, academic or not-for-profit organization located in New England.
- EPA strongly encourages the nomination of individuals and organizations who have not previously been recognized through this program.
- EPA will review the compliance and enforcement history of all nominees with respect to all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations.
Open: Now through March 1, 2013
EMA Ceremony: TBD