Share Your Photos and Stories
Show us how you're helping to soak up the rain!
EPA New England is inviting those who have taken steps to soak up the rain to share pictures and stories of what you've done. It's easy to do. Post your photos to EPA's Soak Up the Rain Group on flickr.
Every drop counts. Show us the actions you've taken to help reduce runoff and protect your local waters. Add your photos to the gallery. Help inspire and motivate others!
- Rain barrels
- Rain gardens
- Disconnected downspouts
- Tree plantings
- Permeable pavement
- Dry wells
- Green roofs
Feel free to include photos that show:
- the "before" and "after" of your project
- your project doing its job, e.g. the rain garden capturing the water during a rain shower
- your project at different times of the year – let's see your rain garden in full bloom!
Feel free to tag your photos so others living nearby might follow suit! Useful tags could include:
- your city and state (zip code also helps)
- the type of project: rain garden, rain barrel, green roof, drywell, etc
- who did the project: homeowner, business, school group, garden club, municipal
While uploading photos that were taken from your phone, you may be prompted to include a map of your location. While it would be helpful (but not necessary) to share your town or state, we ask that you do not share residential addresses. If your location information appears on a map with your photo, flickr allows you to hide or delete that information.
If you have problems or questions about sharing your photos on flickr, contact Jeanethe Falvey at email@example.com.
If you'd prefer not to post your pictures to flickr, but would still like to let us know what you're doing, you may contact us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to sharing your great work!
Working together we can protect New England waters and leave a lasting legacy of clean, safe and plentiful water for future generations.