Waste Site Cleanup & Reuse in New England
In most cases, sites that require long-term cleanup end up on the National Priorities List (NPL). The NPL is a published list of hazardous waste sites that are eligible for extensive, long-term cleanup actions under the Superfund Program. EPA has developed an assessment system called the Hazardous Ranking System (HRS) to evaluate thse dangers posed by hazardous waste sites. Sites that score high enough on the HRS are eligible for the NPL. Sites are scored according to the danger they may pose to public health or the environment.
Find Out More About NPL sites in New England
- View a Listing of all NPL (Long-Term Cleanup) Sites
- View a listing of NPL sites in CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, & VT
- Use Advanced Search to search all New England sites.
Sites in the Spotlight:
- Beede Waste Oil (Plaistow,NH)
- New Bedford Harbor (New Bedford,MA)
- Eastern Surplus Company (Meddybemps, Maine)
- Fort Devens Sudbury Training Annex (Sudbury, Hudson, Maynard, and Stow, Massachusetts)
- General Electric - Housatonic River (Pittsfield, MA)
- Peterson/Puritan (Cumberland and Lincoln, RI)
- Wells G & H (Woburn, MA)