EPA New England Topics
EPA New England Stormwater Tools & External Resources
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Soak Up the Rain
An EPA New England campaign to raise awareness about the problem of stormwater and encourage citizen action to help reduce the polluted runoff that flows to our streams, lakes, rivers and coastlines.
- BMP-Performance Evaluation Tool (1.6 MB, Executable Program File)
- BMP-Performance Evaluation Tool Instructions (PDF) (8 pp, 189 K)
- BMP Nitrogen Removal (PDF) (2 pp, 38 K)
- Coal-Tar-Based Pavement Sealcoat, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs), and Environmental Health (USGS, February 2011; 6-page summary) (PDF) (6 pp, 3.3 MB)
- University of New Hampshire Thermal Impacts
- Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP) Performance Analysis, Revised March 2010 (PDF) (232 pp, 3.1 MB)
- Optimal Stormwater Management Plan Alternatives: A Demonstration Project in Three Upper Charles River Communities, December 2009 (PDF) (74 pp, 7 MB)
- Technical Guidance on Implementing the Stormwater Runoff Requirements for Federal Projects under Section 438 of the Energy Independence and Security Act (EPA, December 2009) (PDF) (63 pp, 2.5 MB)
- Funding Stormwater Programs (PDF) (6 pp, 309 K)
- Restoring Impaired Waters: TMDLs and Municipal Stormwater Programs (PDF) (5 pp, 288 K)
- Urban Stormwater Management in the United States (National Academy of Sciences, 2009)