Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
EPA developed a set of desired core competencies for the hospitality sector to highlight the topics and areas of planning, management, and operations that students need to know in order to effectively own and/or run a green hotel or restaurant. While there are several links to non-EPA resources, these core competencies are linked to a large extent to EPA's numerous partnership programs. By tapping into these core competencies, a green hospitality program has ready access to a wealth of existing tools and resources that students can master and incorporate daily management and operations in the future.
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Construction and Renovation
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Affairs and Marketing
- Environmental Laws and Regulations