Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
- Open or close blinds in unused rooms based on season.
- Set thermostat higher in summer and lower in winter.
- Turn off heating and cooling systems in unoccupied rooms.
- Group guests into blocks of occupied rooms.
- Install digital thermostats in each room.
- Purchase energy-efficient electronics and lighting.
- Utilize guest room energy management systems (GEMS).
- Offer recycling containers in each room or on each floor of the hotel.
- Provide reusable mugs and cups in room.
- Eliminate disposable plastic liners for ice buckets.
- Use rechargeable batteries in remotes.
- Use reusable coffee filters.
- Place only frequently used amenities in rooms automatically.
- Return clean guest laundry in reusable baskets rather than wrapped in plastic.
- If you provide free newspapers to guests, make these available at central locations rather than delivery to each room.
- When there is minimal trash in a room, encourage housekeepers to dump trash cans into a larger container rather than changing out the liner.
- Develop a program to facilitate donation or sale of extraneous supplies, furniture, and electronics.
- Consider using modular mattresses, which allow you to extend the life of the mattress by replacing mattress tops and other components.
- Offer guests an opportunity to reuse towels and linens.
Indoor Air Quality
- Use less toxic materials in guest rooms.