Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
- Clean fixtures and bulbs regularly.
- Clean lint filter in dryers.
- Use low temperature detergents.
- Set wash formula by linen type.
- Monitor performance of washing machines and dryers.
- Perform regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Install dryer dampness sensors.
- Purchase high-efficiency washing machines and dryers.
- Install a heat recovery system to capture dryer heat and transfer energy to the HVAC system.
- Use old guest linens as rags.
- Transport laundry in reusable bags.
- Recycle or reuse hangers.
- Shut off the tap while cleaning tubs and sinks.
- Reduce amount of water used for cleaning.
- Clean carpets with powder.
- Wash windows only when needed.
- Run washer/dryer only when fully and properly loaded.
- Purchase high-efficiency washing machines.
- Investigate ozone laundry systems.
- Use environmentally preferable cleaning products.
- Use non-hazardous bleach.
- Use fabric softeners that contain no polarizing dyes or perfumes and contain anti-chlorine.
- Use detergents specially formulated to operate at a near-neutral pH and to be phosphate- and APE- (Alkyl Phenol Ethoxylates) free.