Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
- Close exterior doors.
- Clean or replace filters regularly.
- Remove bulbs from vending machines.
- Use LED or fluorescent bulbs in exit signs.
- Seal cracks.
- Add weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors, and wall or window HVAC units.
- Follow regularly scheduled heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems maintenance.
- Clean hot water tanks and evaporator and condenser coils regularly.
- Contract with an ENERGY STAR Service and Product Provider partner to help meet energy management goals.
- Check water system pressure and install pressure-reducing valves if required.
- Distribute hot water at a temperature of less than 120 F.
- Set hot water heater temperature and water storage tanks to 140 F or lower.
- Install sub-metering devices by equipment type.
- Insulate hot water pipes and storage tanks.
- Add reflective vegetation on roofs or roof panels.
- Install energy management systems that allow you to regulate individual room temperature from a central location.
- Purchase energy-efficient heating and air conditioning systems, including room units. Evaluate equipment size to ensure it is the proper size to meet your needs.
- Purchase green power.
- Produce renewable energy onsite.
- Check all equipment/water using products regularly for leaks and flow rates.
- Purchase air-cooled products and systems.
Indoor Air Quality
- Keep trash and designated smoking areas away from air intake.
- Control mold by maintaining proper moisture and relative humidity.
- Replace equipment that uses chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerants.