Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Pollution Prevention and You
Tonawanda E3 Sustainability Initiative
Learn more about this coordinated federal, state and local voluntary technical assistance initiative that helps communities work in conjunction with their manufacturing base to adapt and thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability while using green technology.
Pollution Prevention Summary
EPA Region 2's Pollution Prevention and Climate Change Section (P2C2) promotes natural resource conservation and pollutant elimination/reduction through more efficient use of materials, energy, water and land. P2 efforts are integrated into a wide range of EPA Region 2 activities, including partnership programs, compliance assistance, and enforcement activities. The Region also manages the P2 Grants program for Region 2 states and tribes.
Here you will find pollution prevention and climate change related announcements and activities that are occuring in Region 2, and information about the programs and initiatives that the staff of the Pollution Prevention and Climate Change Section are working on.
- Plan ahead for the submission of project applications for our competitive Pollution Prevention and Source Reduction Assistance grants. The 2015 announcements are coming soon. To learn more about our grant programs, send an e-mail to Alex Peck.
- Check out our new Pollution Prevention Insights Bulletins for sector-specific businesses:
EPA Pollution Prevention Public Service Announcement
Schools K-12 Energy Efficiency/PCB Training Webinars
P2 Programs and Initiatives
- Clean and Efficient Energy
- Environmentally Preferable Purchases
- Green Chemistry and Green Engineering
- Green Marinas Initiative
- Greening the Hospitality Industry
- P2 Toxics Mitigation Program
- Pollution Prevention Grants
- Rebuild with ENERGY STAR & WaterSense
- Tonawanda E3 Sustainability Initiative
- Water Champions Program
- Water Conservation and Efficiency