Quality Assurance Project Plans
Mid-Atlantic Environmental Science Center Quality Assurance Quick Finder
|Home Data Validation||Field Analytical Methods Policies & Guidance||Quality Assurance Project Plans Quality Management Plans|
On this page
- EPA Requirements for Quality Assurance Project Plans (QA/R-5) (PDF) (40 pp, 121K, About PDF) - Specifications for QA Project Plans prepared for activities conducted by or funded by EPA. These specifications are equivalent to Chapter 5 of EPA Manual 5360.
- EPA Guidance on Quality Assurance Project Plans (QA/G-5) (PDF) (111 pp, 401K, About PDF - Guidance on developing Quality Assurance Project Plans that meet EPA specifications. Note: This version replaces the original document issued in February 1998 (EPA/600/R-98/018).
- Region 3 Guidance for Preparing Lead-Monitoring Project Plans (PDF) (18 pp, 371K, About PDF)
- Region 3 Quality Assurance Project Plan Checklist (Word) (22 pp, 2MB) - This checklist is an aid when preparing a QAPP for Region 3.
- Region 3 Quality Assurance Request Form (PDF) (1 pg, 124K, About PDF)
- Brownfields Generic QAPP Template (PDF) (25 pp, 369K, About PDF) - template developed by Region 3 to assist those preparing a QAPP for Brownfields projects.
- Brownfields Generic Sampling and Analysis Plan (PDF) (33 pp, 375K, About PDF) - template developed by Region 3 to assist those preparing a Sampling and Analysis Plan for Brownfields projects.
- Guide for Preparing a Generic Quality Assurance Project Plan for State RCRA Subtitle C or LUST/UST Program (PDF) (39 pp, 415K, About PDF) - template and guide developed by Region 3 to assist those preparing a QAPP for the RCRA Subtitle C Program.
- New England Quality Assurance Project Plan Development Tool - For projects that involve surface or groundwater monitoring and/or the collection and analysis of water samples. A CD-Rom of this tool can be obtained by contacting the Region 3 Environmental Science Center's Quality Assurance office (R3_ESCQA@epa.gov).
- QAPP Templates and Checklist for Modeling Projects
- QAPP Template for the Development, Modification, Evaluation and Application of Models (PDF) (25 pp, 326K, About PDF)
- QAPP Template for the Development, Modification, Evaluation and Application of Models (MS Word Document) (24 pp, 286K)
- Companion Checklist for QAPP Writers and Reviewers (PDF) (13 pp, 509K, About PDF)
General Quality Assurance
- EPA's Quality System for Environmental Data and Technology
- Quality Assurance in the Mid-Atlantic Region
General Data Quality Assessment
Secondary Data Evaluation
- EPA New England Quality Assurance Project Plan Guidance For Environmental Projects Using Only Existing(Secondary) Data (PDF) (10 pp, 128K) US EPA New England Region, Revision 2, October 13, 2009
- Evaluation and Use of Secondary Data, James T. Markwiese, Neptune and Company, Presentation at the EPA 22nd National Conference on Managing Environmental Quality Systems (Contact Terry Simpson, EPA Region 3 QA Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of this paper.)
- Great Lakes Commission Quality Assurance Project Plan Review Checklist (PDF) (2 pp, 146K) US EPA, GLNPO, December 2003
- Guidance for Quality Assurance Project Plans, EPA QA/G-5 US EPA, Dec 2002 See Chapter 3, pp. 47-57
- Iím here. Iím free. / Use me! Use me! (Secondary Use of Data in Your Quality System) Marcus E. Kantz, EPA Region 2, Presentation at EPA National QA Conference, April 14, 2005 (Contact Terry Simpson, EPA Region 3 QA Manager, at email@example.com for a copy of this paper.)
- NRMRL Qapp Requirements For Research Model Development And Application Projects (PDF) (4pp, 49K) US EPA, ORD, NRML, Revision 0, October 2008
- NRMRL Qapp Requirements For Secondary Data Projects (PDF) (2pp, 96K) US EPA,ORD,NRML, Revision 0, October 2008
- Qapp Requirements For Secondary Data Research Projects (2pp, 7K)
- Quality Management Plan for the National Center for Environmental Assessment (PDF) (44pp, 1.9MB) US EPA, ORD, NCEA Quality Management Plan, August 2007See Appendix C
- Using Data From Other Sources - A Checklist for Quality Concerns - Draft (PDF) (6 pp, 141K) US EPA Quality Staff, May 25, 2000
- Resources for Planning Projects that Use Existing Data
- Uniform Federal Policy for Quality Assurance Project Plans: Evaluating, Assessing, and Documenting Environmental Data Collection and Use Programs - Part 1: UFP-QAPP Manual Version 1, March 2005 See Section 2.7; pp. 54-58 of 149
- US EPA Region 2 Guidance for the Development of Quality Assurance Project Planss for Environmental Monitoring Projects (PDF) (17pp, 237K) EPA Region 2, April 12, 2004, See Section 9.0, pp. 8-9 of 17