News & Events
Follow Region 4 on Twitter
Serving Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and 6 Tribes
EPA and Chilean Environmental Agency Meet to Strengthen Partnership
A nine member delegation from the Chilean Government arrived in Atlanta, Georgia on Monday, February 10, 2014, to meet with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Juan Carlos Monckeberg, Superintendent of the Environment (El Superintendente del Medio Ambiente), and eight professionals from the Division of Taxation and the Department of Standardization and Accreditation are meeting with EPA managers and inspectors to observe firsthand how the Agency implements its compliance and enforcement programs in the U.S. As part of the Free Trade Agreement with Chile, EPA is providing support in the form of compliance and enforcement training.
“As a global partner in trade and the environment under the Free Trade Agreement signed in 2004, Chile is a priority country for U.S. environmental cooperation,” said Stan Meiburg, Deputy Regional Administrator, EPA Region 4. “This is really a great opportunity for collaboration. We’ve worked together on a number of projects including a risk assessment for mining, a workshop on curriculum development for environmental education, and especially proud of the work we did together on a pediatric environmental health specialty unit.”
Activities scheduled during the visit include a trip to the EPA Laboratory in Athens, Georgia and an EPA-led mock inspection. The Chilean contingent is expected to share their experiences, and the inspection results obtained over the past year. “It is really important that you were able to visit us as a part of this partnership,” Meiburg added. “Assuredly, we are hoping to learn as much from you as you are from us”.
- March 11, 2014 - Early registration ends for Southeast Regional Stormwater Seminar
- March 16, 2014 - Deadline to submit presentation abstract for August 2014 EPA Region 4 - International Erosion Control Association (IECA) MS4 Conference in Charlotte, NC
- April 17, 2014 – Deadline to apply for FY 2014 and FY 2015 National Wetland Program Development Grants
- April 18, 2014 – Deadline for FY2014 Brownfields Training, Research, and Technical Assistance Grants Request for Proposals
- April 21, 2014 – Deadline to apply for National Indoor Environments Program: Reducing Public Exposure to Indoor Pollutants
- April 25, 2014 – Deadline for early registration for the 4th Annual Collegiate Sports Sustainability Summit in Boulder, CO
Job Openings in
EPA Region 4
broader job search on USAJOBS