What are you required to do?
References: Musts for USTs (PDF: 14pps, 802KB), Operating and Maintaining Underground Storage Tank Systems (PDF: 54 pps, 1.6MB), and Preventing Leaks and Spills at Service Stations (PDF: 20 pps, 1.6MB)
Please note: All regulated USTs must be registered with the implementing agency.
Release Detection is required for both tanks and piping:a) Tanks- Monthly monitoring is required by using any of the following methods:
- Automatic Tank Gauge (ATG) (ATG diagram, Automatic Tank Gauging Systems for Release Detection (PDF: 136 pps, 1.4MB), & Getting the Most Out of Your ATG System (PDF: 2 pps, 31KB)
- Interstitial Monitoring image
- Ground Water monitoring
- Vapor monitoring
- Inventory Control and tank tightness testing.
Statistical Inventory Reconciliation (SIR)
b) Piping - Product piping must be monitored for releases by:
For Pressurized Systems:
- Annual test, continuous monitoring
- All pressurized product must be equipped with an Automatic or Electronic Line Leak Detector.
- Three (3) year test for suction system if the system is a “safe system” constructed system.