Geneva Energy, LLC
Geneva Energy LLC
"Ford Heights Facility"
1705 Cottage Grove Avenue,
Ford Heights, Cook County, IL
For more information, contact:
CHICAGO (Feb. 25, 2013 ) — EPA has reached agreement with Geneva Energy, LLC on the terms of a consent decree to resolve allegations that the company violated the Clean Air Act at a tire-burning electric generating plant in Ford Heights, Ill. Geneva has agreed to close the facility, which operated intermittently from 2006 until the fall of 2011.
A federal lawsuit was filed at the same time as the settlement and alleges violations included in an August 2010 EPA “notice and finding of violation” issued to the facility. The NOV/FOV alleged violations of the facility’s construction permit, including monitoring and reporting requirements and emission limits established for carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, particulate matter, and opacity.
- News Release: "EPA Settles with Geneva Energy on Clean Air Act Violations; Tire-burning Facility to Close" February 25, 2013
- Complaint (PDF) (18 pp, 476K) February 2013
- Consent Decree - Notice of Lodging (PDF) (4 pp, 476K) February 2013
- Consent Decree Attachment A (PDF) (36 pp, 2.4MB) February 2013
- Notice of Violation and Finding of Violation (PDF) (15 pp, 476K) August 2010