NL Industries / Taracorp (NL)
Community Involvement Coordinator
Janet Pope (email@example.com)
312-353-0628 or 800-621-8431, ext.30628
Remedial Project Manager
Sheri Bianchin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-886-4745 or 800-621-8431, ext. 64745
(where to view written records)
City Clerk's Office
2000 Edison Ave.
Granite City, Ill
See NPL Factsheet
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA has completed a status review of the NL/Taracorp Superfund Site. This type of review is required at least every five years where the cleanup is complete but hazardous waste remains managed on-site. These reviews are done to ensure that the cleanup continues to protect people and the environment. The review found that the cleanup continues to protect people and the environment. The next review will be in 2017.
- Soil Testing To Begin Again At NL Industries-Taracorp Superfund Site In Granite City, Illinois - October 15, 2010
- NL Taracoorp Superfund Site Cleanup Zones (PDF) (1pp, 213K) May 2012
- Explanation of Significant Differences (PDF) (7pp, 82K) September 2000 (a modification to the original Record of Decision)
- Record of Decision (PDF) (27pp, 65K) March 1990
- Third five-year review (PDF) (41pp, 2.47MB) March 2009
- Second five-year review (PDF) (15pp, 277K) March 2004
- First five-year review (PDF) (4pp, 30K) March 1999