North Alcoa Site, Operable Unit 1 Public Comment
EPA is interested in your comments on the proposed cleanup plan for the North Alcoa Site Operable Unit 1 (Illinois) Superfund site. Your thoughts and opinions help us to determine the final cleanup plan. Based on your comments and information provided to EPA, the Agency may revise the selected cleanup plan or pick another option.
- Public Meeting 7:00 pm, Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at East St. Louis City Hall, 301 River Park Drive
- EPA is proposing to cover a polluted area with two feet of soil as a way to prevent exposure to lead and other metals, including radium
- Proposed cleanup plan (PDF)(23pp 1.58MB)
- EPA Proposes to Cover Contaminated Area (PDF) (8pg, 1.20MB) April 2012
- More information about North Alcoa Site, Operable Unit 1
The comment period runs from April 12 - June 13, 2012. There are several ways for you to share your comments with us:
- Use the online form below (This will e-mail your comments to Community Involvement Coordinator Firstname Lastname.)
- E-mail your comments directly to Dion Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit written comments on paper. They must be postmarked by Wednesday, June 13, 2012. Send them to:
- Fax your comments to 312-692-2472
- You may also share your views by attending a public meeting and hearing. During the meeting, EPA will give a presentation to explain the proposed plan and you will have a chance to speak for the public record during the hearing phase. You may also submit your written comments during the meeting.
EPA Remedial Project Manager
US EPA Region 5
77 W. Jackson Blvd. (SR-6J)
Chicago, IL 60604-3590
If you have any questions, please contact Dave Novak at email@example.com or 800-621-8431, ext. 67478 , or direct at 312-886-7478.