Grants for a variety of diesel emission reduction solutions such as:
- retrofit technologies
- idle-reduction technologies
- cleaner fuel use
- engine upgrades
- vehicle or equipment replacement
- engine repower.
Engines and equipment may include:
- school or transit buses
- medium-or heavy-duty trucks
- marine engines
- non-road engines or vehicles
Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative (MCDI) is a collaboration of federal, state and local agencies, along with communities, non-profit organizations and private companies working together to reduce emissions from diesel engines in the Midwest.
Michigan Clean Diesel Initiative (MiCDI)
MDEQ 2009 Request for Projects: The Michigan Clean Diesel Recovery and Reinvestment Project (PDF) (34pp, 174K, About PDF)
Donna Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) 517-335-2784, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
Grants/Financial Assistance for Clean Diesel Projects
Sally Peterson (email@example.com) Fax: 651-215-0246, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
Ohio EPA Clean Diesel School Bus Fund Retrofit Grants Program
Carolyn Watkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) 614-644-2873, Ohio EPA
U.S. EPA Awards More Than $6 million in Recovery Act Funding to Ohio Communities to Reduce Diesel Emissions and Create Jobs (PDF) (2pp, 23K About PDF) June 3, 2009 press release
July 21 Clean Diesel Awards
- More than $2 million awarded to Wisconsin Department of Commerce - July 21, 2009
- More than $2.4 million awarded to National School Transportation Association - July 21, 2009
- More than $1.2 million awarded to Lenawee Intermediate School District - July 21, 2009
- More than $1 million awarded to Greater Lansing Area Clean Cities - July 21, 2009
- More than $3.7 million awarded to American Lung Association - Upper Midwest - July 21, 2009
- More than $1.2 million awarded to Great Lakes Commission - July 21, 2009
- $1 million awarded to the Chicago Department of Environment - July 21, 2009
- Almost $4.2 million awarded to Illinois EPA - July 21, 2009
Region 5 states receive recovery funding to reduce diesel emissions, create jobs - April 8, 2009
- llinois - $1.73 million awarded to Illinois Environmental Protection Agency will go to the state's clean diesel and clean school bus programs
- Indiana - $1.73 million awarded to Indiana Department of Environmental Management will go to the state's Dieselwise program
- Michigan - $1.73 million awarded to Michigan Department of Environmental Quality will go to the state's clean diesel initiative.
- Minnesota - $1.73 million awarded to Minnesota Pollution Control Agency will go to the state's clean diesel program.
- Ohio - $1.73 million awarded to Ohio Environmental Protection Agency will go to the state's clean diesel clean school bus program , which provides funds to retrofit school buses and reduce emissions.
- Wisconsin - $1.73 million awarded to Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources will go to the state's clean diesel program.