Questions on Pesticides?
- National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC)
¿Preguntas sobre pesticidas?
- Centro Nacional de Información sobre Pesticidas (National Pesticide Information Center, NPIC): 1-800-858-7378
Region 5's pesticides work focuses on:
- Providing support and technical assistance for pesticide effects on human and ecological health;
- Reducing risk to human health and the environment from exposure to priority Persistent Bioaccumulative and Toxic (PBT) chemicals;
- Providing support and technical assistance to Agriculture;
- Promoting the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program;
- Promoting Integrated Pest Management (IPM), a safer, and usually less costly option for effective pest management.;
- Supporting the Urban Initiative - to stop the illegal sales/distribution of unregistered pesticides; prevent the diversion of agricultural pesticides illegally into urban arenas;
- Promoting the implementation of the Worker Protection Standard Rule by agricultural employers on farms, forests, nurseries, and greenhouses.
Consumer Pesticide Information and Assistance
- State Bed Bug Resources for Residents in Region 5
- Get Rid of Roaches (PDF) (2 pp, 1MB About PDF) February 2004
- West Nile Virus Contacts