Region 5 Bed Bug Resources
77 W. Jackson Blvd LC-8J
Chicago, IL 60604
Donald Baumgartner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bed bug populations are increasing nationwide and controlling them is difficult, time consuming, and often expensive.
- Learn about this problem
- Get information on managing bed bugs, including the selection of insecticides and a pest management professional
- Learn where to file a complaint if you suspect an improper pesticide application
Compiled September 2010; updated April 2012
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Illinois Department of Public Health
- Bed Bugs Prevention & Control
- Structural Pest Control Division – licenses and inspects structural pest control business locations
- Dr. Curt Colwell (email@example.com) 217-785-3178 - contact for health-related bed bug issues
- To report bed bugs, contact the municipality in which they are encountered
Northern Illinois University
Indiana State Department of Health
- Bed Bug Biology and Public Health Risk E-249-W (PDF) (4pp, 833K) July 2007
- Dr. Tim Gibb (firstname.lastname@example.org) 765-494-4570
Michigan Department of Community Health
- Bed Bug Resources, including Manual for Prevention/Control, Mattress Fact Sheet, Moving without Bed Bugs, Property Managers Information, Bed Bugs in Schools, Decision Flowchart, and Choosing a Pest Control Company.
Michigan State University
- Bed Bug Diagnostic Identification and Facts (from Ohio State Univ).
Michigan Pest Control Association
- Don't Let Bed Bugs Bite Brochure (PDF) (2pp, 439K)
- Contact for Information: Dr. Michael Kaufman, Michigan State University at email@example.com or 517/353-3379
- Bed Bug Home Page
- Traveler Q&A to Prevent Bed Bugs Hitchhiking Home.
- Prevention and Control in Residences.
- Information for Pest Control Companies (PDF). (16pp, 483K)
- Does Cold Kill Bed Bugs.
- Contact for Information: Dr. Steve Kells, University of Minnesota at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612/625-4798
Ramsey County Public Health (St. Paul):
- Bed Bug Main Page
- Identifying Bed Bug Infestations
- Hiring Pest Control Professionals
- Infested Mattresses/Furniture
- Bed Bug Fact Sheet (PDF), August 2010(2pp, 876K)
- Bed Bug Basic Information with Links.
- Insect Identification Service (PDF). (1pg, 27K)
- Bed Bug Fact Sheet, August 2010
- Bed Bug Resources:Questions and Answers, checklists, tips for travelers, myths fact sheet, identification fact sheet, getting rid of bed bugs, thrift store tips, and guides for professionals in schools, landlords, social services, hospitality, retail, and firefighters/police.
- Bug Fact Sheet (PDF) , June 2009 (2pp, 79K)
- Bed Bug Brochure English and Spanish, treatment video, and questions for pest management provider.
- Central Ohio Bed Bug Task Force Meeting Minutes.
- Survey: Bugs Without Borders, Defining the Global Bed Bug Resurgence.
- Contact for Information: Zoonotic Diosease Program at 614/752-1029 (option #1) or 888/722-4371 (option #1), or email@example.com
- Extension Diagnostic Lab Note (PDF), December 2008, (5pp, 11M)
- Contact for Information: Dr. Phil Pellitteri, University of Wisconsin Madison, Insect Diagnostic Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608/262-6510
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection: