- Superfund Home
- Basic Information
- Superfund Sites Where You Live
- Contaminated Media, Human Health, & Environmental Effects
- Accomplishments & Performance Measures
- Cleanup Process
- Community Involvement
- Training & Learning Center
- Laws, Policy & Guidance
- Emergency Response
- Superfund En Español
- Related Links
- Emergency Response and Removal
- Brownfields Program
- Facility Response Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans
- Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Planning
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Long-term Cleanup by State
- Community information - Progress updates, notification of public meetings and public comment periods, administrative record. Community involvement promotes your participation in the cleanup decisions that directly affect your community health and livelihood.
- National Priorities List (NPL) fact sheets - Overall site status updated yearly.
- Records of Decision (RODs) - RODs are the published agreements on the blueprints of how the cleanup process is done; they may be amended later if needed. One NPL site can have a single ROD that covers everything on the site, or multiple RODs for different sub-areas at the site.
- Five-year reviews - After a cleanup is declared completed, every five years EPA reviews field tests and evaluations against the ROD (as amended) to see if the long-term cleanup process is working as designed.
- ites with Superfund alternative approach agreements - Some sites could have become NPL sites, but the potentially responsible parties (PRPs) negotiated a CERCLA agreement using the same cleanup requirements without listing the site on the NPL. There are relatively few of these sites in the Region, and we have fact sheets on their progress.
- NPL map - Use this application to see interactive maps of proposed, final and deleted NPL sites.
|State||Cleanup Sites||NPL fact sheets||Records of Decision (RODs)||Five-year reviews||Sites with Superfund alternative approach agreements|
|Illinois||IL Cleanup sites||IL NPL fact sheets||IL RODs||IL 5-yr reviews||IL Superfund Alternative sites|
|Indiana||IN Cleanup sites||IN NPL fact sheets||IN RODs||IN 5-yr reviews||IN Superfund Alternative sites|
|Michigan||MI Cleanup sites||MI NPL fact sheets||MI RODs||MI 5-yr reviews||MI Superfund Alternative sites|
|Minnesota||MN Cleanup sites||MN NPL fact sheets||MN RODs||MN 5-yr reviews||MN Superfund Alternative sites|
|Ohio||OH Cleanup sites||OH NPL fact sheets||OH RODs||OH 5-yr reviews||OH Superfund Alternative sites|
|Wisconsin||WI Cleanup sites||WI NPL fact sheets||WI RODs||WI 5-yr reviews||WI Superfund Alternative sites|