Electronic Data Deliverable (EDD) Support
Need help preparing an EDD?
GEOS support hotline
For further information call:
Regular or certified mail address: Superfund EDMAN Data Coordinator (S-6J)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 5
Chicago, IL 60604
This site provides instructions for reporting environmental data electronically to the EPA Region 5 Superfund Division. Examples of environmental data that can be submitted electronically include data generated by site characterization and investigation, drilling and logging activities, installation of monitoring wells, and continued long-term monitoring of Superfund cleanups.
Step 1: Preparing Your EDD
Format Change Notice: The links below provide information to help you prepare your Electronic Data Deliverable (EDD) for submittal to EPA Region 5.The method for submitting data electronically is described in the Comprehensive Electronic Data Deliverable Specification Manual. The EDD specifications are a combination of requirements and procedures for reporting data in electronic files from the beginning of the site investigation process through the long-term site monitoring.
Standard Data Submittal Information for most data submittals to the GEOS Data Coordinator.
Basic Data Submittal Information for older-historic data submittals to the GEOS Data Coordinator, when some information about data collected in the past may not be available. Data providers should contact Region 5 Data Coordinator before using the "Basic Electronic Data Deliverable Specification" data format.
Step 2: Data Validation/Quality Assurance of EDD
The Electronic Data Processor (EDP) has been made available to data providers in order to check their EDD files prior to submittal to EPA Region 5. The EDP is available for download, and is used to check EDD files to ensure they are formatted as described in the Manual for Electronic Data and the Comprehensive Manual for Electronic Data. If the EDP detects errors, the errors will be identified and can be viewed directly within the EDP or via an on-screen error log. After the errors are corrected by the data provider, the EDP should be re-run to ensure that no errors remain. The EDD files can then be sent to EPA Region 5.
Download the EDP
EDP Manual version 2.1 (PDF) (26 pp, 2.1MB) February 2009
Step 3: When You’re Ready to Submit
Upon completion of your EDDs, please send your CD Rom or floppy discs to:
E-Data Coordinator (SR-5J)
Advanced Analysis and Decision Support Section
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 5
77 W Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
If you need assistance in preparing an EDD...
Please contact the GEOS hotline (GEOSEDDsupport@epa.gov) at (312) 353-1200.
Manuals, Reference Guides, Training
- Comprehensive Electronic Data Deliverable Specification Manual Version 2.0 (PDF) (67 pp, 1.1MB) August 2008
- Basic Electronic Data Deliverable Specification Manual Version 2.0 (PDF) (34 pp, 852K) August 2008
- EDP Manual version 2.1 (PDF) (26 pp, 2.1MB) February 2009
- On-Line Training for Creating Region 5 EDDs (requires Flash player)
Tables & Templates
- Comprehensive EDD templates (XLS) (235K) (Chemistry and Geology) January 2009
- Chemistry EDD Template (XLS) (128K) January 2009
- Geology EDD Template (XLS) (117K) January 2009
- EPA Region 5 Valid Values [addendum to Manual for Electronic Data] (PDF) (181pp, 1.2MB) August 2004
- Recent Valid Value Updates (PDF) (1 pp, 33KB) July 2004
Electronic Data Processor
- .NET Framework 3.5 Required
- EQuIS Data Processor (EDP) version 5.5.1 16.5 MB .exe Modified Feburary 22, 2011
- EPA Region 5 Format File 384 KB .exe July 26, 2011