Community Involvement Coordinator
Rafael P. Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-886-0269 or 800-621-8431, ext. 0269
You can view the administrative record at:
Vespasian Warner Library
310 North Quincy Street
National TSCA Hotline
202-554-1404, Monday through Friday
Fax (document requests only): 202-554-5603
National PCB Web site Information about PCBs, their effects, and the laws and regulations applicable to them.
U.S. EPA scientists studying a permit application from the operators of Clinton Landfill #3 consider the safety of a large regional aquifer to be the deciding factor in their deliberations.
In 2007, Clinton Landfill, Inc., of Peoria applied for a permit to build a new disposal cell at the currently operating Clinton Landfill #3 site. The site is two miles south of Clinton, Ill., on State Route 51.
The new cell would hold PCB (polychlorinated biphenyl) waste.
The landfill cell and larger facility are located directly over a major aquifer that is tens of miles wide and hundreds of miles long underlying virtually all of DeWitt County.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- EPA Taking Comments on Proposed PCB Disposal (PDF) (1pg, 93K) June 2011
- EPA Scientists Taking Close Look at Proposed PCB Cell Clinton Landfill #3 Permit Application, DeWitt County, Illinois (PDF) (2 pp, 36K) April 2009
- Letter from DeWitt County Board (PDF) (2 pp, 407 K) July 24, 2014
- Letter from Illinois EPA (PDF) (1 pg, 218 K) July 22, 2014
- Illinois news release from Governor's office (PDF) (2 pp, 405 K) July 22, 2014
- Letter from Governor Quinn (PDF) (1 pg, 258 K) May 15, 2014
- Clinton Landfill Administrative Record
- Additional Documents:
- Additional Information Application for Significant Modification Permit No. 2005-070 (PDF) (190pp, 28MB) January 2009
- Addendum to IEPA Permit Response to Draft Denial Points Volume 1 0f 3 (PDF) (1022pp, 160MB) January 2009
- Addendum to IEPA Permit Response to Draft Denial Points Volume 2 of 3 (PDF) (936pp, 78MB) January 2009
- Addendum to IEPA Permit Response to Draft Denial Points Volume 3 of 3 (PDF) (1032pp, 73MB) January 2009
- Application for Significant Modification (Excerpt - Groundwater Impact Assessment) Permit No. 2005-070 (PDF) (242pp, 27MB) February 2008
- EPA held a public meeting June 9, 2011, on the proposed approval of chemical waste permit for disposal of PCBs at the Clinton Landfill. There was a public comment period March 15-June 15, 2011.