The following websites provide related technical and general information useful in reaching waste minimization and pollution prevention (P2) goals through state, regional, and national partnership programs.
Click on your state on the map to the right for State Partnership and Awards Programs.
State Partnership and Award Programs
Illinois Governor's Sustainability AwardsAnnual awards presented to businesses and organizations in Illinois that have helped the environment and the economy of Illinois by successfully reducing the generation of gaseous, liquid, and solid waste.
Michigan Business Pollution Prevention PartnershipA unique program encouraging businesses to apply creative, cost-effective techniques to reduce waste and prevent the release of hazardous substances.
Governor's Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Environmental StewardshipRecognition program to honor companies and organizations that are committed to environmental compliance and demonstrate outstanding achievements in reducing pollution
Tox-Minus Pollution Reduction InitiativeRecognition program to publicize the exemplary emission reduction efforts being made by Ohio companies. Tox-Minus is initially focused on 100 of Ohio's top TRI reporters; however, any other businesses wishing to reduce their TRI emissions are also invited to join.
Related EPA Programs
- Region 5 Pollution Prevention Program - Includes information on P2 technical assistance and grants program, P2 Education Toolbox, and links to the best P2 resources at the EPA and in your state
- Region 5 Solid Waste Program - The Solid Waste Program works closely with its partner states and tribes to promote the prevention, reuse, and recycling of non-hazardous solid waste. Resources include technical and funding assistance, links to state programs, and how to recycling common household items.
- National Partnership for Environmental Priorities (NPEP) - The NPEP program partners with public and private organizations to reduce the use or release of any of 31 Priority Chemicals. NPEP is part of EPA's National Waste Minimization Program and the Resource Conservation Challenge, a national effort to conserve natural resources and energy by managing materials more efficiently.
- Waste Minimization National Program - EPA's gateway to current waste minimization programs and initiatives, technical assistance, and information resources
- WasteWise - A free, voluntary EPA program through which organizations eliminate costly municipal solid waste and select industrial wastes, benefiting their bottom line and the environment. WasteWise is a flexible program that allows partners to design their own waste reduction programs tailored to their needs.