The Region 5 Solid Waste program promotes waste prevention, reuse and recycling of non-hazardous solid waste. We also work closely with our partners, including State agencies, Indian Tribes, local governments, universities and citizen groups, to solve municipal solid waste generation and management problems.
- Construction and Demolition Debris and its relation to Brownfields redevelopment
- Disaster Debris Management
- Disposal (landfills)
- eCycling (electronics recycling)
- Funding - EPA provides grant funding to government agencies and non-profit organizations to promote waste reduction and the safe and effective solid waste management.
- Pollution Prevention (P2)
- Recycling resources in Region 5 states
- Scrap Tires
- Tribal Solid Waste and Pollution Prevention and Federal Resource Guide for Tribal Waste Management
- Waste Minimization - Technical assistance program for hazardous waste generators focusing on the most persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic chemicals (PBTs). Resources include training, fact sheets, and links to state waste exchanges.