Scrap Tire Clean Up Forum - April 20, 2005
Region 5 Solid Waste Program
The Scrap Tire Clean Up Forum took place at the Tire Industry Association World Tire Expo in Lousville, Kentucky on April 20, 2005.
Presentations from the meeting
Defining the Problem
- Scrap Tire in Stockpiles: A Critical Review (PDF) (14 pp, 105K) Michael Blumenthal, Rubber Manufacturers Association
- State Involvement (PDF) (24 pp, 148K) Allan Lassiter, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality/Tire and Rubber Recycling Advisory Council
Planning and Implementation
- Statewide Inventory & Mapping Project (PDF) (19 pp, 1.4MB) Chris Newman, U.S. EPA Region 5 and Jack Brunner, Tetra Tech, Inc.
- Stockpile Abatement Issues (PDF) (19 pp, 22K) Terry Gray, President TAG Resources
- Scrap/Waste Tire Processing Project Planning (PDF) (13 pp, 348K) James Waldron, TRI-RINSE
- Lee Farm Scrap Tire Pile Cleanup (PDF) (17 pp, 1.1MB) Allan Lassiter, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality/Tire and Rubber Recycling Advisory Council
- TIA World Tire Expo (PDF) (35 pp, 1.7MB) Mark Hope, Tire Disposal & Recycling
- McMaster Site, Ohio Site Management Strategies (PDF) (26 pp, 2.8MB) Dave Quarterson, Liberty Tire Services
- Scrap Tire Cleanup Forum (PDF) (20 pp, 1.1MB) Bob Large, Ohio EPA