2006 Scrap Tire Management Forum in EPA Region 8
Region 5 Solid Waste Program
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The Scrap Tire Management Forum took place at the Raddison Hotel in Rapid City, South Dakota on May 18, 2006.
Presentations from the meeting
Why are scrap tires an issue? Defining the Problem (PDF) (64pp, 1.9MB) Steve Tillotson, North Dakota Department of Health
- Utah Waste Tire Recycling Program (PDF) (26pp, 296K) Rusty Lundberg, Utah Department of Environmental Quality
- Montana lessons learned (PDF) (23pp, 936K) Rick Thompson, Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- Colorado Summary of State Waste Tire Programs (PDF) (4pp, 170K)
- South Dakota Summary of State Waste Tire Programs (PDF) (2pp, 72K)
- Utah Summary of State Waste Tire Programs (PDF) (2pp, 81K)
Scrap Tire Cleanup Planning and Implementation
- Stockpile abatement planning and implementation Estimation Technqiques (PDF) (49pp, 5.9MB) Jack Brunner, Tetra Tech EM Inc.
- Finding Scrap Tire Piles and Getting the Word Out: Colorado's experience (PDF) (17pp, 319K) Anne Peters, Gracestone Inc.
- Statewide Inventory and Mapping (PDF) (22pp, 4.3MB) Jack Brunner, Tetra Tech EM Inc.
Site Cleanup Case Studies
- Alps Tire Pile, Loveland, CO Cleanup case study Anne Peters (PDF) (25pp, 705K) Anne Peters, Gracestone Inc.
- North Dakota Scrap Tire Pile (PDF) (46pp, 1.6MB) Steve Tillotson, North Dakota Department of Health
- A rural, mobile tire shredder: Alamosa County, CO (PDF) (11pp, 630K) Anne Peters, Gracestone Inc.