Ridgeview Recycling & Disposal Facility Southern Expansion
Waste Management of Wisconsin Inc. (WMWI)
TSCA Project Manager
Community Involvement Coordinator
Rafael P. Gonzalez
(where to view written records)
Manitowoc Public Library, 707 Quay St in Manitowoc, WI
RCRA Branch of EPA’s regional office in Chicago
EPA plans to approve a permit to dispose of hazardous materials at its Ridgeview Recycling and Disposal Facility Southern Expansion.
The permit would allow Waste Management of Wisconsin Inc. (WMWI) to dispose of PCB-contaminated sediment dredged from the Fox River Superfund project at the Southern Expansion.
The sediment will have what EPA considers to be lower levels of PCB concentration (less than 50 parts per million).
Draft TSCA Approval and Application
- Transmittal of draft risk-based disposal approval to dispose of PCBs to Waste Management of Wisconsin, Inc. (PDF) (30pp, 1.4MB) July 19, 2012
- Response to Request for Additional Information (PDF) (48pp, 2.4MB) April 26, 2011
Submitting additional information requested by US EPA, specifically clarifications of 40 CFR 761.75(c) (landfill requirements for Toxic Substances Control Act disposal), as part of the request for approval of the risk-based disposal of filter cake from the Lower Fox River Remediation Project.
- Waste Management Application for Ridgeview Risk-Based Disposal Approval (PDF) (99pp, 19.4MB) March 24, 2011
- EPA accepted written comments from the public from July 23 - Aug. 21, 2012.
WMWI Ridgeview Recycling and Disposal Facility Southern Expansion (Southern Expansion)
- is an existing Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) approved disposal facility
- complies with the requirements of Subtitle D landfills as implemented under NR 500, Wisconsin Administrative Code (WAC).
- WDNR approved the plan of operation for the Southern Expansion on April 28, 2008
- WDNR issued an Amended Conditional Plan of Operation Approval on May 9, 2011.
- The Amended Conditional Plan of Operation allows, under certain conditions, acceptance of dredged sediments that contain less than 50 parts per million (ppm) PCBs at the Southern Expansion.
- DRAFT Administrative Record Index- TSCA Risk-based Disposal Approval (PDF) (2pp, 52K) July 23, 2012
- WDNR Feasibility Modification Approval (PDF) (pp, 210K) April 16, 2012
- Correspondence between Ray Seegers and Karen Kirchner re: Ridgeview TSCA Q&A (PDF) (2pp, 160K) Jan. 23, 2012
- August 13, 2008 WDNR Ridgeview Conditional Plan of Operations Modification (PDF) (9pp, 933K) Nov. 17, 2011
- April 28, 2008 WDNR Ridgeview Conditional Plan of Operations Approval (PDF) (35pp, 5.5MB) Nov. 17, 2011
- Photographs of the dredge material tipping platform (PDF) (2pp, 222K) Nov. 30, 2011
- WDNR Completeness Determination for Ridgeview Recycling and Disposal Facility Southern Exposure (PDF) (pp, MB) Nov. 28, 2011
- Ridgeview's January 2009 air permit from WDNR (PDF) (60pp, 2.4MB) Sept. 7, 2011
- Ridgeview's current POTW permit (PDF) (pp, 2.1MB) Aug. 22, 2011
- TSCA checklist for Ridgeview Landfill (PDF) (pp, 3.4MB) July 1, 2011
- Letter from Lower Fox River Remediation LLC about Waste Management of Wisconsin, Inc.'s Application for Risk-based Disposal (PDF) (2pp, 479K) June 7, 2011
- Amended Conditional Plan of Operation Approval (PDF) (pp, MB) May 9, 2011
- Deficiencies of approval application (PDF) (15pp, 330K) April 29, 2011
Correspondence from EPA to Waste Management
- Plan Modification Request (PDF) (2pp, 54K) Feb. 28, 2011 - Waste Management requests to modify the daily cover requirement from the August 13, 2008 Wisconsin DNR approval.