Wayne Disposal Inc.
- Belleville, MI (Wayne County)
- EPA ID# MID048090633
- TSCA disposal facility
Community Involvement Coordinator
Rafael P. Gonzalez (Gonzalez.email@example.com)
312-886-0269 or 800-621-8431, ext. 60269
TSCA Project Manager
Karen Kirchner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-353-4669 or 800-621-8431, ext. 34669
(where to view written records)
Van Buren Township
46425 Tyler Rd.
contact Arthur Mullan at
National TSCA Hotline
202-554-1404, Monday through Friday
Fax (document requests only): 202-554-5603
National PCB Web site Information about PCBs, their effects, and the laws and regulations applicable to them.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency plans to approve a request from Wayne Disposal, Inc. (WDI) for a modification to their existing chemical waste landfill approval for the disposal of polychlorinated biphenyls, or PCBs, at the Wayne Disposal Landfill in Belleville, Michigan. Approval would allow WDI to expand their PCB disposal capacity an additional 11.73 million cubic yards. The expansion would occur within the original footprint of the facility. The EPA regulates PCB disposal under the federal Toxic Substances Control Act.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Before EPA makes a final decision, it will review written public comments submitted during the comment period. EPA will also consider a request to hold a public meeting.
EPA Tentatively Approves Disposal Expansion (PDF) (1pp, 47KB) June 2013
EPA Announces Public Comment Period for the Wayne Disposal Landfill Proposed PCB Modification ad (PDF) (1pp, 19KB) June 2013
The public comment period runs from July 8 to August 8, 2013. Comments may be submitted to:
Land and Chemicals Division
Environmental Protection Agency
77 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
email: email@example.com or
On September 27, 2013 EPA issued the Final Federal TSCA Approval Modification to Wayne Disposal, Inc. in Belleville, Michigan. The approval is a chemical waste landfill approval to dispose of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) issued pursuant to 40 C.F.R. §761.75 and replaces the approval issued on September 29, 2011.
TSCA Approval and Supporting Documents
- Final Chemical Waste Landfill Approval to Dispose of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PDF) (36pp, 2.12MB) September 2013
- Draft Chemical Waste Landfill Approval to Dispose of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PDF) (34pp,553KB) June 2013
- Wayne Disposal Site No. 2, Master Cell VJ-F & G TSCA Approval Amendment Response to EPA's comments (PDF) (32pp, 3.5MB) Oct 2012
- EPA Comments on the WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G (PDF) (7pp, 348KB) Oct 2012
- Request for Amendment to TSCA Approval (PDF) (1pp, 112KB) April 2012
- WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G
- Volume I WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G (PDF) (329pp, 25MB) Sept 2011
- Volume II WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G (PDF)(447pp, 33MB) Sept 2011
- Volume III WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G (PDF) (1166pp, 124MB) Sept 2011 *Large file size*
- Volume IV WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G (PDF) (667pp, 61MB) Sept 2011
- Volume V WDI Operating License Application Master Cells VI F & G (PDF) (151pp, 13MB) Sept 2011
- Permit Drawings (PDF) (31pp, 16MB) Sept 2011