Bad River Band of the Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians
Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
Dean Maraldo (email@example.com)
312-353-2098 or 800-621-8431, ext. 32098
Office of Regional Counsel
Barbara Wester (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(312) 353-8514 or 800-621-8431, ext. 38514
Draft NPDES Permits
John Colletti (email@example.com)
312-886-6106 or 800-621-8431, ext. 66106
312-353-7314 or 800-621-8431, ext. 37314
EPA Requires Bad River Band to Upgrade Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations
In August 2013, EPA issued a compliance plan requiring the Bad River Band of Lake Superior and Chippewa Indians to correct Clean Water Act violations at the wastewater treatment facilities located on the Tribe’s northern Wisconsin reservation.
On January 29, 2014, EPA received a request from the Band River Band to extend the completion date for work required at the Bad River Wastewater Treatment Plant under the Compliance Plan.
EPA approved the request and issued a Modified Compliance Plan on February 7, 2014.
The Bad River Band must complete plant upgrades and controls to correct the violations by June 30, 2014. EPA will monitor the facility to ensure that they meet compliance plan requirements and may take more formal action if violations are not corrected.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Leter from Bad River Band requesting extension (PDF) (2 pp, 351 K) Jan. 29, 2014
- Letter from EPA approving extension request (PDF) (2 pp, 71 K) Feb. 7, 2014
- Modified compliance plan (PDF) (3 pp, 76 K) Feb. 7, 2014
- Final Compliance Plan for Bad River Wastewater Treatment Facilities (PDF) (4 pp, 213K) August 15, 2013