Bad River Band of the Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians
Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
Dean Maraldo (email@example.com)
312-353-2098 or 800-621-8431, ext. 32098
Office of Regional Counsel
Barbara Wester (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(312) 353-8514 or 800-621-8431, ext. 38514
Draft NPDES Permits
John Colletti (email@example.com)
312-886-6106 or 800-621-8431, ext. 66106
312-353-7314 or 800-621-8431, ext. 37314
EPA Requires Bad River Band to Upgrade Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations
EPA issued a compliance plan requiring the Bad River Band of Lake Superior and Chippewa Indians to correct Clean Water Act violations at the wastewater treatment facilities located on the Tribe’s northern Wisconsin reservation.
The Bad River Band must upgrade plant operations to correct the violations by January 31, 2014. Violations include failure to meet permit reporting requirements and failure to comply with permit effluent limits for phosphorus, E. coli, total suspended solids and biochemical oxygen demand. EPA will monitor the facilities to ensure that they meet compliance plan requirements and may take more formal action if violations are not corrected.
- Final Compliance Plan for Bad River Wastewater Treatment Facilities (PDF) (4 pp, 202K) August 15, 2013
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Public Notice of Hearing, Open House and Comment Period Extension
EPA held an Open House and Public Hearing on August 27, 2013. In addition to holding the public hearing, EPA has extended the comment period until September 3, 2013.
- Public Notice of Public Hearing and Extension of Comment Period for Draft NPDES Permits to Discharge Into Water of the United States (PDF) (6 pp, 184KB) July 2013
Original Public Notice of Draft NPDES permits
Public Notice of three Draft NPDES permits for the Bad River Band of the Lake Superior of Chippewa Indians treated wastewater discharges within the Bad River Reservation; the Diaperville Stabilization Lagoon, the Birch Hill Stabilization Lagoon and the Bad River Wastewater Treatment Plant; located in Ashland County in Wisconsin to be issued by EPA. Comment period ended May 6, 2013.
- Public Notice of a Draft NPDES Permit to Discharge Into Waters of the United States (PDF) (6pp, 56KB) April 2013
Diaperville Stabilization Lagoon
- Statement of Basis - WI0036544-4 (PDF) (6 pp, 121KB) April 2013
- Draft Permit - WI0036544-4 (PDF) (36 pp, 440KB) April 2013
Birch Hill Stabilization Lagoon
- Statement of Basis - WI0036579-4 (PDF) (6 pp, 121KB) April 2013
- Draft Permit - WI0036579-4 (PDF) (35pp, 452KB) April 2013
Bad River Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Statement of Basis - WI0036587-4 (PDF) (6 pp, 125KB) April 2013
- Draft Permit - WI0036587-4 (PDF) (32 pp, 444KB) April 2013