EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
“The Environmental Protection Agency will use a full range of compliance and enforcement strategies and tools to aggressively pursue pollution problems that make a difference in communities targeting the most serious water, air and chemical hazards,” said EPA, Region 6, Compliance Assurance and Enforcement Director, John Blevins.
Vision is to make environmental compliance commonplace to achieve clean air, water, and land. Mission is to protect and sustain human health and the environment by ensuring compliance with Federal environmental laws in partnership with our States and Tribes.
2014 Annual Report (2 MB, 20pp)
2015 Regional Priorities
- Preventing Releases of Extremely Hazardous Substances
- Investigating Specific Manufacturers as part of the first national initiative
- Working with Industry to Reduce Flaring
Hazardous Waste Enforcement
- Ensuring Hazardous Waste Management Practices are Legal
- Ensuring Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage, and/or Disposal Facilities are Permitted
- Ensuring Proper Managing of Brine Spills from Oil & Gas Operations
- Ensuring Everyone's Water is Safe to Drink
CAED In the News and Other Actions
Si usted necesita más información en español, por favor contacte a la Agencia de Protección Ambiental (EPA) Region 6, División de Relaciones Exteriores al teléfono 214.665.2200 o si usted se encuentra en AR, LA, NM, OK, ó TX por favor llamar al teléfono 1-800-887-6063.