Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us

EPA's Region 6 Office

Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations

RCRA Information Management

The Strategic Planning/Information Management Section provides the following data services to the Multimedia Planning & Permitting Division:


Under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), generators, transporters, treaters, storers, and disposers of hazardous waste as defined by the federally recognized hazardous waste codes, are required to provide information concerning their activities to state environmental agencies, who in turn provide the information to Regional and National U.S. EPA offices.

RCRAInfo is the national program management and inventory system of RCRA hazardous waste handlers and is used by the EPA to support its implementation of RCRA, as amended by the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments of 1984 (HSWA). The system is primarily used to track a handler's permit or closure status, compliance with Federal and State regulations, cleanup activities, waste handler inventory, and environmental program progress assessment. Handlers can be characterized as fitting one or more of the following categories: treatment, storage, and disposal facilities (TSDFs), large quantity generators, small quantity generators, and transporters.

RCRA information is available from: http://www.epa.gov/enviro/html/rcris/

BIENNIAL Hazardous Waste Report

The Biennial Reporting System database contains detailed information on hazardous waste generation, management, and disposal. Each facility required to report this information gathers statistics on its own waste activity through the course of every odd-numbered year. Once compiled into a National Oversight Database, the data can be used to analyze trends in the quantities of hazardous waste generation, management, and disposal, as well as assessing the impact of regulations and planning for waste management and disposal capacity.

BR Reports and Data Files are available from the EPA Headquarter's Home Page at: http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/data/index.htm

Biennial Report and OTHER RELATED DATA are also available from ENVIROFACTS Home Page at: http://www.epa.gov/enviro/


To make a FOIA request, please visit the following FOIA web site and fill out the FOIA form. -> http://www.epa.gov/earth1r6/6md/foia/foiaform.htm


The Notification of Regulated Waste Activity (EPA Form 8700-12) and associated instructions are designed to help you determine if you are subject to the requirements under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) for notifying EPA or authorized state of your regulated waste activities. EPA Form 8700-12 and Instructions may be download from http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/data/form8700/forms.htm.

States within EPA, Region 6 are authorized to assist you in obtaining a USEPA Identification Number or in updating information concerning an existing number. Some States require the use of their own forms to obtain an number, or filing of their own forms in conjunction with the EPA Form 8700-12. For assistance in determining if you handle a regulated hazardous waste or help in obtaining an EPA Identification Number, please refer to the section below for information concerning the specific State in which the facility is located.

The Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality requires the filing of Arkansas Notification of Regulated Activity Form (EPA Form 8700-12(AR-6-97R)). We suggest that you first contact the ADEQ Hazardous Waste Division at (501)682-0848 prior to filing. This form may be obtained at: http://www.adeq.state.ar.us/home/forms.htm#HazWaste Exit EPA To review current notification information in Arkansas, visit http://www.adeq.state.ar.us/hazwaste/rcra2/facil_sum.asp Exit EPA

The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality requires use of the Notification of Hazardous Waste Activity Form (HW-1). Please visit the LDEQ website at http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/tabid/91/Default.aspx Exit EPA or contact the Environmental Assistance Division at (225)219-3249.

New Mexico:
The New Mexico Environmental Department uses the EPA Form 8700-12 and will assist you in obtaining an EPA Identification Number. Please contact the NMED Hazardous Waste Bureau at (505)476-6018, before filing.

The Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality uses the EPA Form 8700-12 and will assist you in obtaining an EPA Identification Number. Please contact the ODEQ Hazardous Waste Quality Management Service at (405) 702-5189 before filing.

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality requires the use of the EPA Form 8700-12 to obtain an EPA Identification Number, and facility may be required to file for a TCEQ Solid Waste Registration Number. Please contact the TCEQ Registration and Reporting Section at (512)239-6832 before filing. TCEQ's Notification for Hazardous or Industrial Waste Management (TCEQ-00002) form and its instructions may be download from http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/comm_exec/forms.pl#Waste. Exit EPA
To review current notification information from Texas, visit: http://www12.tceq.state.tx.us/crpub/index.cfm Exit EPA


Jump to main content.