EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
Schedule for the Phase I Removal Action
- October 15, 1998 - EPA, the USACE, and IT Inc., mobilized to the site. Rodent Control Program implemented on the undeveloped property and offered to residents within the community, regardless of their participation in the removal program.
- October 21, 1998 - Removal activities (including air monitoring) commence.
- January 3-28, 2000 - EPA, USACE, and contractors conducted pre-final inspections.
- January 28, 2000 - Restoration activities completed; demobilized from the site.
- February 2, 2000 - Final site inspection performed by EPA and LDEQ.
At the conclusion of Phase I site activities, 95.5% of the site had been addressed including all of OU1 and OU3, and 25 of the 67 private residences in OU2.
Schedule for the Phase II Removal Action
- August 9, 2000 - EPA, the USACE, and contractors, mobilized to the site.
- September 22, 2000 - Excavation and air monitoring activities commence.
- March 9, 2001 - Restoration activities completed; demobilized from the site.
- April 27, 2001 - Final site inspection performed by EPA and LDEQ.
At the conclusion of the Phase II site activities, an additional 3.5% of the site had been addressed as a part of the removal action, including 33 of the 42 privately homes in OU2. The remaining 1% of the site belongs to nine private homeowners in OU2 who elected not to participate in the removal action.
The current site status is as follows:
- OU1 (Undeveloped Area) -Completed in total during the Phase I Removal Action.
- OU2 (Residential Properties) -Completed during the Phase I Removal Action: Gordon Plaza Apartments, HANO apartments, HANO townhouses, all privately owned townhouses, and 25 privately owned single family houses. Completed during the Phase II Removal Action: 33 privately owned single family houses.
- OU3 (Community Center) -Completed in total during the Phase I Removal action.
- OU4 (Moton School) and OU5 (Groundwater) -No Further Action; delisted from the National Priorities List on June 15, 2000.