EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
Converses with Students Web Casts
In 2014, NASA's Digital Learning Network (DLN), along with National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Educators and Environment Protection Agency (EPA) volunteers celebrated Earthday by participating in a climate change live webcast. Students from across the nation spoke to climate change experts from all three Agencies, experienced interactive data from satellites on a high-definition Climate Simulation hyperwall, and learned how each of us can make a difference.
To learn about upcoming 2015 events, please visit the Converses with Students web page.
Seminars held by RSC include:
- Was that an earthquake? What does all this mean? presented by Ms. Nancy Dorsey
- Global Energy Trends, Fracking, and the Energy Water Nexus presented by Dr. Michael E. Webber
- Soils Contamination: The Scourge of the Planet? presented by Dr. Nadia Plata
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Environmental Response and Restoration Program presented by Alan Butler and Greg Conley
- Waterborne Pathogen Research to Support Water Quality Regulations presented by Dr. George D. Di Giovanni
Region 6 Regional Science Council's work with EPA R6's MOUs
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is a document describing an agreement between parties. EPA Region 6 has developed several MOUs; additionally, R6 RSC provides educational opportunities for these groups to participate in. To learn more about the MOUs that EPA Region 6 has established, please visit the Region 6 Memorandum of Understanding webpage.