- Water Home
- Animal Waste
- Coastal Louisiana
- Source Water Assessment
- Mexico Border Projects
- Educator Resources
- Septic Systems
- Tribal Water Protection
- Underground Injection Wells
- Water Conservation
- Homeland Security
- Energy Management
Techniques and resources for homeowners, large-scale landscapers, and commercial and government land managers. Includes fact sheets, tools such as cost calculators, and informational brochures:
- GreenScapes: Environmentally Beneficial Landscaping | PDF Version (8 pp., 757 KB, About PDF)
- Greenscaping Your Lawn and Garden (8 pp., 1.59 MB, About PDF) | en Español (8 pp., 313 KB, About PDF)
- GreenScaping: The Easy Way to a Greener, Healthier Yard | PDF Version (16 pp., 2.06 MB, About PDF)
- Learn about the GreenScapes Alliance, encouraging companies, government agencies and other organizations to make more holistic decisions about waste generation and disposal, and the use of land, water, pesticides, and energy.
A cost effective and environmentally friendly approach to reduce stormwater and other excess flows entering combined or separate sewer systems, using natural systems such as Green Roofs, Urban Forestry (Trees and Tree Boxes), Rain Gardens, and Grassed Swales to cleanse water and to reduce excess volumes by filtering and treating it using plants, soils and microbes.
Green Landscaping Resources, Green Landscaping with Native Plants
Fact sheets, slideshows, and publications on natural landscaping with native plants.
Fact sheets, reports and other links about innovative uses of compost.
Back to Region 6 GreenScapes home page