How to Schedule Tours of Region 7's Science & Technology Center
300 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas 66101
EPA Region 7's Science & Technology Center welcomes visitors to learn about the research activities at our facility. Because of the technical nature of the subject matter and possible security and safety hazards, laboratory tours will be given by appointment only.
Public and private organizations with specific interests in EPA environmental laboratory issues are welcome.
Scheduling a Tour
To schedule a tour of our facility, please contact Renee Hudlemeyer, Executive Office Manager, at (913) 551-5005. Morning and afternoon group tours are offered Monday through Friday; however, preferred days to schedule tours are Wednesdays and Thursdays. Requests for tours of fewer than 15 people should be made at least two days prior to the desired tour date. Groups of 15 people or more are asked to schedule tours at least four days in advance. Groups must provide a roster of all participants at least one day prior to the tour. Persons not on the roster arriving the day of the tour will not be admitted. Laboratory tours generally last 30-45 minutes.
General Tour Information
The tour will begin with a short introductory presentation to inform visitors of the laboratory's mission and goals. The presentation and tour will be given by a member of the Regional Laboratory Branch.
To prevent interference with laboratory functions and to accommodate security and safety regulations, the following guidelines have been established:
- Bags or packages such as knapsacks, luggage and camera bags are not allowed in the facility.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited. Please turn off your cell phone upon entering the laboratory facility.
- Visitors must wear the ANSI-approved safety glasses with solid side shields that will be provided for the tour.
- For your comfort and safety, please wear flat-soled, closed-toed and closed-heel shoes. Anyone wearing shorts or open-toed or clog-style shoes will not be allowed into the laboratory.
- Tour participants may not eat, drink, chew gum or smoke while in the laboratory.
- The tour involves a considerable amount of walking. Wheelchair access can be accommodated with advance notice; however, wheelchairs cannot be provided.
- Please exercise appropriate behavior and refrain from touching items in the laboratory.