Enhancing State and Tribal Programs (ESTP)
Enhancing State and Tribal Programs (ESTP) is EPA's initiative to enhance the Agency's delivery of technical and financial support for state and tribal wetlands programs, with the overall objective of accelerating program development on a national scale.
The ESTP Initiative: ESTP is built upon a framework of Four Core Elements, basic program functions that form the foundation of wetlands management and protection in a state or tribe.
- ESTP Core Elements of an Effective State and Tribal Wetlands Program Framework: The ESTP and Core Elements Framework were designed for states and tribes to develop Wetland Program Plans (WPP). WPPs are voluntary plans developed and implemented by state agencies and tribes which articulate what these entities want to accomplish with their wetland programs over time. WPPs describe overall program goals, along with broad-based actions and more specific activities to help achieve those goals.
- Region 7 ESTP Plans
- Iowa Wetland Program Plan
- Kansas Wetland Program Plan
- Missouri Wetland Program Plan
- Nebraska Wetland Program Plan
Wetland Program Development Grants
Wetland Program Development Grants (WPDGs) are EPA’s primary source of financial support for developing, enhancing, and/or refining comprehensive state, tribal, and local wetland and Clean Water Act Section 404 programs. WPDGs were initiated in fiscal year 1990. They provide eligible applicants an opportunity to conduct projects that promote the coordination and acceleration of research, investigations, experiments, training, demonstrations, surveys, and studies relating to the causes, effects, extent, prevention, reduction, and elimination of water pollution. States, tribes, local governments, interstate associations, intertribal consortia, and national nonprofit, non-governmental organizations are eligible to apply.
To learn more about WPDGs, visit EPA’s Wetlands Program Development Grants page. For information about past WPDGs in EPA Region 7, including announcements, questions and answers, and successful applicants, visit our Grant Opportunities page.
If you’d like to be added to Region 7’s email list for WPDG funding opportunities, please contact Jennifer Ousley at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit www.grants.gov and sign up for email notification of WPDG opportunities, as well as any other federal grant opportunities.
EPA Region 7 Contact
For additional information on Region 7's activities in Enhancing State and Tribal Programs (ESTP), please contact Eliodora Chamberlain at (913) 551-7945 or email@example.com.