Small Entities and Rulemaking
Small Entity Compliance Guide for National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Stage I Disinfectant/Disinfection By-Products Rule
Small Entity Compliance Guides (SECGs) are prepared pursuant to section 212 of the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996 (SBREFA) (Title II of Public Law 104-121) (PDF) (29 pp, 186K, About PDF) .
The statements in SECGs are intended solely as guidance to aid in complying with the associated rule. Read a longer explanation of how SECGs are used by EPA on the Small Entity Compliance Guides web page.
EPA may decide to revise SECGs without public notice to reflect changes in EPA's approach to implementing a rule or to clarify and update text. To determine whether EPA has revised these guides, contact EPA's Small Business Ombudsman Office or the authoring office in the list below.
About this SECG
- Publication Date: 07/01/2002
- Small Entity Compliance Guide: Small Entity Compliance Guide for Small System Requirements for the Stage 1 Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts Rule, October 2001 (PDF) (40 pp, 133K, About PDF)
About the Rule
- Title: National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Stage I Disinfectant/Disinfection By-Products Rule
- RIN: 2040-AC91
- Docket No.: EPA-HQ-OW-2002-0043
- Publication Date for Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM): 07/29/1994. Access the NPRM on Regulations.gov.
- Publication Date for Final Rule: 12/16/1998. Access the final rule on Regulations.gov.
More information about this rule:
- Implementation Guidance for the Stage 1 Disinfectants/ Disinfection Byproducts Rule, Dated June 2001 (PDF) (108 pp, 555K, About PDF)
- The Stage 1 Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts Rule: What Does it Mean to You?, Dated June 2001 (PDF) (62 pp, 303K, About PDF)
- Stage 1 Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts, Dated June 2001 (PDF) (4 pp, 46K, About PDF)
- Stage 1 Disinfectants/ Disinfection Byproducts Rule: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (25 pp, 55K, About PDF)
- Drinking Water Priority Rulemaking: Microbial and Disinfection Byproduct Rules