Small Entities and Rulemaking
Small Entity Compliance Guide for Lead-Based Paint Activities Rules; Training, Accreditation, and Certification Rule and Model State Plan Rule--Section 402(a)
Small Entity Compliance Guides (SECGs) are prepared pursuant to section 212 of the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996 (SBREFA) (Title II of Public Law 104-121) (PDF) (29 pp, 186K, About PDF) .
The statements in SECGs are intended solely as guidance to aid in complying with the associated rule. Read a longer explanation of how SECGs are used by EPA on the Small Entity Compliance Guides web page.
EPA may decide to revise SECGs without public notice to reflect changes in EPA's approach to implementing a rule or to clarify and update text. To determine whether EPA has revised these guides, contact EPA's Small Business Ombudsman Office or the authoring office in the list below.
About this SECG
- Publication Date: 07/01/2002
- Small Entity Compliance Guide: Small Entity Compliance Guide for the Accreditation, Training and Certification Program for Lead-Based Paint Activities in Target Housing and Child Occupied Facilities, July 2002 (PDF) (9 pp, 37K, About PDF)
About the Rule
- Title: Lead-Based Paint Activities Rules; Training, Accreditation, and Certification Rule and Model State Plan Rule--Section 402(a)
- RIN: 2070-AC64
- Docket No.: EPA-HQ-OPPT-2008-0382
- Publication Date for Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM): 09/02/1994. Access the NPRM on FDsys.
- Publication Date for Final Rule: 08/29/1996. Access the final rule on FDsys.
More information about this rule: Lead in Paint, Dust, and Soil