Welcome to the Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water’s Guidance site. Below we provide a link to guidance related to the implementation of the rules and regulations under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
Guidance Documents by Regulation:
- Aircraft Drinking Water
- Chemical Contaminant Rules
- Consumer Confidence Reports
- Lead and Copper
- Microbial Disinfectants/Disinfection ByProducts Rules
- Filter Backwash
- Ground Water
- Interim Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule
- Long Term 1 Surface Water Treatment Rule
- Long Term 2 Surface Water Treatment Rule
- Stage 1 Disinfectant/Disinfection Byproducts Rule
- Stage 2 Disinfectant/Disinfection Byproducts Rule
- Surface Water Treatment Rule
- Total Coliform Rule
- Public Notification
Quick Reference Guides have been developed for most of the rules, providing an overview of the rule, major provisions, critical deadlines and requirements and public health benefits.
Water Supply Guidance is a compilation of policy decisions made pertaining to implementation issues under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
Small System Guidance is developed to help states, technical assistance providers, and small systems identify their compliance options.
Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program Guidance is provided to the Regions and states to assist them in interpreting the UIC regulations.
Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Guidance is provided to the states for grants to establish revolving loan funds to assist public water systems with infrastructure improvements.
Water Security Tools and Technical Assistance provides assistance to the water sector and other organizations to help ensure the continued security of our nation’s drinking water and wastewater systems.