Small Entities and Rulemaking
- Compliance Assistance Centers - Offer easy access to plain-language materials and other resources on environmental compliance.
- More Compliance Assistance Information - Compliance assistance through one-to-one counseling, online resource centers, fact sheets, guides and training.
- Laws and Regulations - Description of laws and regulations, how they're developed, what they are, and where to find them, with an emphasis on environmental laws and regulations.
- Actions Initiated by Month - Information about rules and other regulatory actions initiated each month.
- Regulatory Agendas and Regulatory Plans page - Links to Regulatory Agendas and Plans.
- Regulatory Development and Retrospective Review Tracker (Reg DaRRT) - Information about priority rulemakings at EPA.
- Small Business Gateway - EPA's gateway to environmental information and contacts for small businesses.
- Small Business Ombudsman - Serves as a conduit for small businesses to access EPA and facilitates communications between the small business community and the Agency.
- Association of Small Business Development Centers - Help new entrepreneurs realize the dream of business ownership, and to assist existing small businesses to remain competitive in the complex marketplace of an ever-changing global economy.
- Code of Federal Regulations - Codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government.
- Compliance Assistance Centers - Help businesses and government agencies understand environmental requirements.
- Federal Register - Official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents.
- Local Government Environmental Assistance Network - Provides environmental management, planning, funding, and regulatory information for local government elected and appointed officials, managers and staff.
- North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) - Standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- Office of Management and Budget - Federal agency that facilitates budget, policy, legislative, regulatory, and management issues on behalf of the President.
- Small Community Outreach Project for Environmental Issues (SCOPe) - Community-based initiative to engage elected officials and staff of local governments in discussions contributing to early regulatory development.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Independent agency of the federal government that offers aid, counsel, and assistance to small businesses,
- SBA Office of Advocacy - Independent voice for small business within the federal government and the watchdog for the Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA).
- SBA Size Standards - Information on size standards in the government-contracting process, which ensure a "level playing field" for competition among small businesses of varying sizes.