Healthy School Environments
This collection of webinars provides helpful information to promote and support healthy school environments. This list includes registration links to upcoming webinars and links to previously recorded webinars. The webinars feature experts from the EPA, other federal, and non-federal programs. Upcoming webinar times are Eastern Standard but may change so please check back here regularly.
Many of these webinars are part of the Department of Education's Green Strides Webinar Series. Sign up for their email updates to receive registration information on future webinars.
Some links may leave the EPA.gov domain, and EPA cannot attest to the accuracy of information on that non-EPA page. Providing links to a non-EPA Web site is not an endorsement of the other site or the information it contains by EPA or any of its employees. Also, be aware that the privacy protection provided on the EPA.gov domain (see Privacy and Security Notice) may not be available at the external link.
Previously Recorded Webinars
- May 14, 2015: IAQ and Health: Managing Asthma for Improved Health and Academic Outcomes
- Apr. 16, 2015: Smart, Sensible and Sustainable Pest Management in Your School
- Mar. 12, 2015: Indoor Air Quality Plus Energy Efficiency: A Formula for Saving Money While Protecting Health
- Feb. 12, 2015: Mold and Moisture: Double Trouble for Schools
- Jan. 22, 2015: Fresh Air: Optimal HVAC Management for Improved IAQ and Health
- Dec. 11, 2014: Making the Case for Environmental Health, Academic Performance and High-Performing Facilities
- Apr. 30, 2014: Creating Healthy Indoor Environments in Schools: The Knowledge Network and Actions you Need
- Jan.-June, 2014: USDA Farm to School Webinar Series
- Feb. 27, 2014: CDC Key Findings on School Indoor Environments
- Sept. 24, 2013: EPA's Back-to-School Webinar: Managing Asthma in Schools
- Aug. 7, 2013: Mold and Moisture: Double Trouble for Schools
- May 21, 2013: School Environmental Health Assessment and Team Building
- May 8, 2013: School Siting: Understanding the Challenges and Opportunities for Communities and Decision-Makers
Historical Webinars: 2006 Children's Environmental Health Month
September 21, 2015, 2-3:30 p.m.: How to Conduct a Pest Assessment at Your School. (EPA)
Please join us on September 21th at 2:00PM EST to learn how to do systematic inspections of your school to recognize conditions that attract pests, as well as the calling cards left by pests. Register today at https://epa.connectsolutions.com/pestassess-sipm/event/event_info.html.
September 17, 2015, 1-2:00 p.m.: Pollution Solution: How to Create IAQ Policies, Plans and Practices to Control Pollutant Sources in Your School District. (EPA)
Please join us on September 17th at 1:00PM EST for the last installment of the IAQ Master Class Professional Training Webinar Series. Learn how to prevent IAQ issues and problems before they start, manage the critical relationship between pollutant sources, airflow pathways and air pressure to protect occupant health, and more. Register today at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/100000000065847992.
View the Sensible Steps Webinar Series
EPA's comprehensive training program offers 10 functional, one hour, sessions for all school staff. Each session is driven by real-life case studies, providing real solutions to real concerns, as presented by school district personnel. And, it introduces dozens of sensible, low- or no-cost steps staff can use to make any school a healthier school.
Want to start training your district or schools staff today? Make the commitment to these easy steps to a healthier school environment.
- Download the Sensible Steps to Healthier School Environments Guide and Quick Assessment Checklist (PDF, 3pp, 461K).
- Watch the webinars and download the guide.
- Add the webinars to your list of recommended or required training.
- Train staff in your district and/or school.