Healthy School Environments
This collection of webinars provides helpful information to promote and support healthy school environments. This list includes registration links to upcoming webinars and links to previously recorded webinars. The webinars feature experts from the EPA, other federal, and non-federal programs. Upcoming webinar times are Eastern Standard but may change so please check back here regularly.
Many of these webinars are part of the Department of Education's Green Strides Webinar Series. Sign up for their email updates to receive registration information on future webinars.
Some links may leave the EPA.gov domain, and EPA cannot attest to the accuracy of information on that non-EPA page. Providing links to a non-EPA Web site is not an endorsement of the other site or the information it contains by EPA or any of its employees. Also, be aware that the privacy protection provided on the EPA.gov domain (see Privacy and Security Notice) may not be available at the external link.
Previously Recorded Webinars
- Jan.-June, 2014: USDA Farm to School Webinar Series
- Feb. 27, 2014: CDC Key Findings on School Indoor Environments
- Sept. 24, 2013: EPA's Back-to-School Webinar: Managing Asthma in Schools
- Aug. 7, 2013: Mold and Moisture: Double Trouble for Schools
- May 21, 2013: School Environmental Health Assessment and Team Building
- May 8, 2013: School Siting: Understanding the Challenges and Opportunities for Communities and Decision-Makers
Historical Webinars: 2006 Children's Environmental Health Month
May 14, 2015, 1-2:30 p.m.: IAQ and Health: Managing Asthma for Improved Health and Academic Outcomes (EPA)
Please join us on May 14th at 1:00PM EST to learn how to manage asthma in academic settings! Register today at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/100000000065847457.
View the Sensible Steps Webinar Series
EPA's comprehensive training program offers 10 functional, one hour, sessions for all school staff. Each session is driven by real-life case studies, providing real solutions to real concerns, as presented by school district personnel. And, it introduces dozens of sensible, low- or no-cost steps staff can use to make any school a healthier school.
Want to start training your district or schools staff today? Make the commitment to these easy steps to a healthier school environment.
- Download the Sensible Steps to Healthier School Environments Guide and Quick Assessment Checklist (PDF, 3pp, 461K).
- Watch the webinars and download the guide.
- Add the webinars to your list of recommended or required training.
- Train staff in your district and/or school.