EPA Smart Growth Grants and Other Funding
- Request for Grant Proposals (RFP) - Announcements
- More Information About EPA Smart Growth Grants
- Other Funding Resources
The Office of Sustainable Communities sometimes offers grants to support activities that improve the quality of development and protect human health and the environment. When these grants are offered, they will always be announced on this Web page and on www.grants.gov.
If you see a grant for which you wish to apply:
- Read the Request for Proposals (RFP) carefully to determine what activities or projects are eligible.
- If you are not familiar with the EPA's smart growth program, review our Web pages to learn about what we do.
- Submit your proposal according to the instructions in the RFP.
- You can set up an email alert on www.grants.gov to be notified automatically when a grant featuring a search term, such as "smart growth," is posted.
- Check EPA's main grants page for helpful tips on writing a grant proposal and policies and regulations covering grants.
- We accept grant proposals only for open solicitations.
Request for Grant Proposals (RFP) - Announcements
Request for Proposals for a Smart Growth Information Clearinghouse (EPA-AO-OP-OSC-14-01)
EPA’s Office of Sustainable Communities is seeking proposals for a Smart Growth Information Clearinghouse. Under this solicitation, EPA intends to fund further development and ongoing maintenance of a web-based national information clearinghouse focused on smart growth. The clearinghouse will function as a "one stop shop" for the best information currently available on effective smart growth approaches that can help communities make development choices that deliver environmental, economic, and quality of life benefits. The clearinghouse will also serve as the virtual home of the Smart Growth Network (SGN), a nationally recognized coalition of leadership organizations that have formally endorsed the principles of smart growth. This RFP builds on Smart Growth Online, an information service currently supported through a competitively awarded assistance agreement that expires in summer 2014 (see www.smartgrowth.org) . Eligible applicants are States and local governments, as well as the District of Columbia; U.S. territories and possessions; foreign governments; international organizations; Indian Tribes; interstate organizations; intrastate organizations; public and private colleges and universities; and hospitals, laboratories, and other public or private nonprofit institutions. For-profit organizations and individuals are not eligible to apply. Proposals must be received by EPA or through www.grants.gov by 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on Monday, May 12, 2014. EPA expects to make an award announcement by fall 2014.
If you have questions about this solicitation, please contact Lynn Desautels (firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-566-2840).
More Information About EPA Smart Growth Grants
No grants have been recently awarded.
- Grants Awarded in 2011
- Grants Awarded in 2009
- Grants Awarded in 2008
- Grants Awarded in 2007
- Grants Awarded in 2005
- Grants Awarded in 2004
- Children's Health Grants Awarded in 2004
- Grants Awarded in 2003
- Grants Awarded in 2002
EPA has compiled lists of other funding resources for tribal, state, and local governments; communities; and non-governmental organizations that are seeking funding to address various aspects of smart growth.